Roofer's Pricing Guide
Finding the right roofer can be difficult, follow this useful guide to make the best choice for your home.
How much does a new roof cost?
- In this guide we will go over what you can expect when purchasing a new roof
- Detailed cost break down of a new roof
- Shingle options
- Difference between professional roofing companies and the rest
- And much more!
What does it cost to hire a local roofer?
A couple things to consider.
- Shingles: This makes up about 25% of the cost of a roof, but could be more. This does not include all of the building materials and will vary depending on the quality of shingles chosen for the project.
- Materials: This can make up around 20%-25% of the cost of a roof. Materials are additional to the shingles and can include a variety of things such as ice and water shield, starter shingles, ventilation, underlayment, hip and ridge shingles, nails and more!
- Labor: This usually accounts for around 25%-30% of the cost. This cost is usually somewhat consistent whereas costs like shingles are variable. We recommend paying market rate as lower cost companies may not be as experienced or skilled.
- Overhead: Company overhead runs around 25%-30% of the cost of the project. This covers things like license, insurance, project management, customer service and more.
Four Common Roofing Systems
- Architectural Shingles: These are among the most contemporary and popular options on the market today. This is what most homeowners choose when getting a shingle roof. This can range from $350-$500+ per square (100 square feet) depending on things like location, wages, workers comp etc. We offer Atlas Pinnacle at this price point.
- Class 4 Rated Shingles: These are impact resistant shingles, handle temperature shingles and are overall more resistant. These are around 15%-25% more expensive but are a higher grade product. Atlas StormMaster shingles are a step up from the traditional Pinnacle shingles.
- Synthetic Shingles: These are a non asphalt product but are synthetic instead. They don’t degrade as quickly and maintain their quality while providing the benefits of class 4 shingles. They are around 60% more expensive than architectural shingles and typically cost in the $700-$1000+ per square range. F-Wave shingles are a good option here.
- Metal: These are the most expensive and cost around $800-$1300+ per square. They are the highest quality option available. We use Tilcor products when metal shingles are the best option.
- MISC: There are also standing seam metal roofs and some synthetic roofs however these can cost upwards of $1,000 per square so at this time we do not offer them. Painted Metal is available in a wide variety of qualities, styles, and prices
Difference between Joe Roofer and a professional roofing company.
- Typically not licensed or insured
- Limited Experience
- No guarantee on work
- Poor workmanship which can cost thousands down the line
- Limited communication
- Poor customer service
- Looking to make a quick buck
- Has all licenses, insurance and certifications
- Highly trained and experienced
- Work guarantee
- Quality workmanship that should last decades
- Open communication and transparency
- Great customer service
- Builds a long term relationship with homeowner
What to Expect From Happy Home Roofing
- Happy Home Roofing prides itself on being a professional roofing company that puts their customers first. We understand that when you choose us to replace your roof you are putting a lot of trust in us to do a good job and we take that level of trust very seriously.
- We will work closely with you every step of the way to make sure you get exactly what you need while providing fair and transparent pricing. Customer service is a top priority to use so you can expect prompt replies to any questions or concerns.
- Whether you need a little more info or are ready to get started please don’t hesitate to contact us today.
We maintain multiple financing options - We can find the right choice for you.
We believe you deserve the best Roofing experience.
Happy Home Roofing cares about your total satisfaction and applies superior skills to accomplish outstanding results. Whether you need roof repair or replacement, Happy Home is your source for unparalleled quality and customer care.
Happy Home Roofing protects you against defects in installation workmanship. Our lifetime warranty is secondary to the manufacturer warranty. All you have to do is tell us about any leak, defect, or deficiency within 3 days of discovering a problem. We’ll inspect and repair any issue that’s covered by the warranty. If the problem is not due to workmanship defects, we’ll repair your roof at a fair price. For details, go to: